At Wheeldon Trees Cottages we are committed to providing the best possible services to all groups in the community and we are delighted to include our access statements for our wheelchair accessible cottages.
Wheelchair accessible holiday cottages in Derbyshire
Sheldon Cottage is wheelchair friendly, all on one level with a walk in wet-room. It has two bedrooms and is rated Mobility Level 2 under the National Accessibility Scheme.
This means that if you have problems walking, or need to use a wheelchair some of the time, Sheldon Cottage is ideal for you.
Walker’s Rest is also all on one level, but because of planning and size restrictions, the internal layout means it’s not so easy to negotiate in a wheelchair. There is a separate shower, with a single step up.
Our other cottages all have stairs. However, we strive to meet the needs of all our guests and encourage feedback that will help us improve our facilities in the future.
Additional mobility equipment available at Wheeldon Trees Cottages
We also have additional furniture and gadgets available to make your stay more comfortable. Please just ask if you would like the use of any of the following during your next stay with us:
- Foldable lightweight wheelchair
- Combined shower/commode seat
- Self-propelling shower chair
- Extending grabber
- High stool for sitting at the kitchen worktop
- Hand bell
- Waterproof mattress protector
- Thinner mattress (our standard mattresses are very deep making the bed quite high!)
Hire a Boma Off Road all terrain wheelchair
The Boma is available for hire for just £60 for a whole day and £35 for half a day – let us know and we’ll help you organise it. It can be delivered to your cottage door at Wheeldon Trees or hired directly at Parsley Hay cycle hire on the High Peak Trail about 3 miles from us.
- Hire for half or full day
- Powerful electric drive with light twist grip control
- Incredible fun – join the family on tracks and trails
- Safe and simple to operate….twist to go…let go to stop
- Left or right hand control
- Rugged off-road tyres
- Very stable with low centre of gravilty
- Suitable for 16+
- Up to 15 miles range
You will find the Peak District National Park is well provided for in terms of accessible routes.
Our Cottage Access Statements
In this section, you’ll find an access statement (a detailed ‘walkthrough’) for each cottage, as well as for the whole site.