Wheeldon Trees Cottages Access Statement
Wheeldon Trees Cottages is a former 18th century dairy barn and farmhouse just outside Earl Sterndale, south of Buxton, converted into 10 holiday cottages.
If you have any questions about the information in this statement, please do contact us.
- Our website has diagrams of the floor/room layouts and pictures of all the rooms and access statements for each cottage
- Bookings/enquiries can be made directly from the website by email, telephone or letter
- All guests are provided with directions to the cottages, either by email or by letter
- The nearest bus stop is at the end of the lower entrance – 50m away
- For Manchester, Buxton railway station is 6 miles away
- Macclesfield Railway Station is 12.4 miles away (accessible taxis available)
- Chesterfield Railway Station is 18 miles away (accessible taxis available)
- This access statement is available on our website or can be printed on request. We can provide all information in large print on request
- Local supermarkets Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons will deliver and we can also arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival via our partnership with Sauced Here.
- The nearest shop is in Longnor, 2.5 miles away
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities.
- Ample parking is available near the top entrance, 25-30m from the cottages. You are welcome to park temporarily outside your cottage to unload your luggage
- Disabled parking is available just opposite Sheldon Cottage
- The car park is on an incline and is made of gravel
- The car park leads into the gravelled courtyard area which has paths leading to the front doors of the cottage. The paths are from 90cm-2m wide
- The courtyard and cottages are clearly visible from the car park
- Each cottage has its own front door. On arrival, you will find the key to your cottage hanging on the inside of the door
- An access statement for each cottage is available on our website or can be printed on request
- Our duvets and pillows are non-feather
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are cotton
- All kettles are cordless
- A Guest Information Pack is provided in each cottage, and is available in large font on request. Separate folders have manufacturers’ instruction leaflets. Tourist information is available in every cottage’s information pack and The Long Room
- The recycling and landfill bins are situated at the side of the garage, in the main car parking area
- Recycling bins are available for paper, glass, cardboard, plastic, cans, cartons and kitchen waste
- The laundry is situated in the garage building, and is accessed by the door on the right-hand side
- The door (80cm wide), hinges on the left, with no step. The handle is 96cm high
- There is a light switch on the right. The floor tiles are pale limestone
- The two washing machines are front loading
- The tumble drier is front loading with the controls at the rear
- A rotary drier is situated outside the laundry room; pegs are available on the line
- The freezer is floor mounted and is hinged on the right
- The store shelf is on the left side 150cm high
The Long Room
- The Long Room is situated opposite the barn, across the gravel courtyard next to Walker’s Rest Cottage
- Access to the Long Room is up a slope leading to a paved path, which has a small step up of 3cm.
- The door (96cm wide) hinges on the right and opens directly into the room, with no step. The handle is 107cm high
- On the left is the kitchen area. The light switch is on the left
- The Long Room is carpeted; the kitchen area and WC are lino
- A toilet with wheelchair access is situated next to the kitchen (door 83cm wide, basin 80cm high)
- To the left of the door is the ‘L’ shaped kitchen. The work surface, sink and hob are 92cm high
- The electric oven is under the worktop
- The kitchen is lit by separate spotlights. The flooring is lino
- We welcome children – travel cot, highchair, stairgate, baby monitor and bed rail are available on booking/request
- We welcome one well behaved dog in three of our cottages
- Most cottages have self-enclosed patios
- Waterproof mattress protector, combined shower/commode seat, grabber, wooden stool for sitting at kitchen worktop are available on booking/request
- All cottages and public areas are non-smoking
- Mobile phone reception is unreliable
- We are usually on site to help with luggage both on arrival and departure
Wheeldon Trees Cottages, Earl Sterndale, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 0AA
Telephone: 01298 605599
Hours of operation: Open all year.
Emergency number: 07957 837507
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01298 605599 or email us at email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to us at Wheeldon Trees Cottages, Earl Sterndale, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 0AA.