Peak District Day Spas If you’re running up to Christmas at one hundred miles an…
Wheeldon Trees rated 5-Star Gold by VisitEngland
Wheeldon Trees is celebrating once again after being rated an amazing 5-Star Gold by VisitEngland.
A further four cottages have now been added to Wheeldon’s 5-star gold roster following another year of investment and refurbishment.
Five-star gold cottages
The Farmhouse retains its 2023 5-Star Gold rating from 2002 and now Priestley Cottage, Ollerenshaw Cottage, Nadin Cottage and Mycock Cottage join it with top marks. The remaining five cottages – Sheldon, Walker’s Rest, Critchlow, Elliott and Lomas were all rated 4-Star Gold.
Travellers’ Choice Award
The award comes on the back of TripAdvisor recently naming Wheeldon Trees in the top 10% of places to stay in the world. Thanks to our visitors’ amazing reviews, we were delighted to be awarded the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award 2022. To complete the hat trick, we were also the runner-up in best self-catering accommodation at this year’s Visit Peak District and Derbyshire Tourism Awards. Not bad, for just under two years in business.
VisitEngland is the official tourist board for England. It is responsible for marketing England to domestic and established overseas markets and for improving England’s tourism. Overall, VisitEngland plays an important role in promoting England as a top tourism destination, showcasing its rich cultural heritage, beautiful landscapes, and vibrant cities to visitors from around the world.
A whirlwind two years
Wheeldon Trees was purchased by Hazel and Steve Roche in the summer of 2021. Since then, the duo has set about refurbishing the retreat to make it a luxury escape. Projects completed to date include:
- A total renovation of five cottages
- Levelling of an area of ground outside of Sheldon Cottage to provide an area where families can play sports and events can be held
- Renovation of the games room and the addition of a new pool table
- Honesty shop upgrade – introduction of Great Taste award winners and locally-made products
- Investment in new laundry equipment for guests to use – new washing machine and tumble dryer
- New soft furnishings and safety blinds for every window in every cottage, working with a local supplier
- Introduction of our own branded cookies and chocolate for the welcome tote bag.
- Introduction of creative workshops in the Long Room – sell out wreath-making sessions at Christmas for the local community
- Two new electric bikes added to the fleet
- Investment in landscaping – dry stone walls washed throughout
In the coming weeks, we will also be launching a brand new range of luxury hair and body toiletries, made locally and as close to organic as can be achieved.
Stay in an award-winning cottage
Our luxury Derbyshire retreat has everything you need for your break away – free EV charging, an honesty shop packed to the brim with goodies, a fantastic games room where you can play pool, air hockey or ping pong and a range of new electric bikes for you to borrow to explore the local area.
You can view our availability and pick your perfect cottage by following this link – view our availability.